• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinema 4D Lite Starts but immediately stops responding

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Brand new here. Downloaded the 7 day trial of After Effects to see if Cinema 4D Lite plug-in will do what I need it to do, so set-up my Maxon account for Cinema 4D Lite with no issues and After Effects is running great. But when I create a new layer of a Cinema 4D object the Cinema 4D program launches but then goes into a waiting spinning wheel and never starts responding again. I can see the GUI, but no buttons work, menus are dead, etc. I have run Windows updates, updated my graphics card, restarted the program and computer multiple times, etc but it still won't respond and I have to run the task manager to kill the program. I've let it sit for a couple hours (accidently forgot it was running) and still no response.

Asus ROG, i7, 24 GB RAM, Nvida 965M

Thanks In Advance Everyone!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by running the whole shebang as administraor. This sounds like the typical Win 10 "Black Hole" where certain apps requiring deeper access don't correctly trigger UAC dialogs and/ or this dialog is drawn hidden and inaccessible.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium. I tried the run as admin but no change. I also deleted the rpf files in the roaming app data folders and relogged in. This at least got it to tell me it was gonna send usage data to Maxon and load a grid on the screen but then still froze up.

I'm going to try uninstalling all of after effects, running CC cleaner and then doing a full re-install this morning and see if that changes anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, having the same porblem with the cinema 4d not responding, the only thing that happens is that it tells me that i have an putdated driver from amd, when i tell it to remind me later the cinema 4d crashes. Did you guys fix the problem? i have the 7 day trial

--

thanks in advance 

from 

Helpmeplease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Full uninstall, registry clean, and reinstall didn't do anything to help.  But at least now a grid appears in after effects like its trying to do something. I guess that progress but C4D Lite still sits dead in the background. I also downloaded the full C4D stand alone and installed that in case after effects was missing a file but it didn't help. Down to 6 days left on the trial. Waiting on Macon to reply to my support ticket as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi raymondlee306,

Let us know what you find out. If After Effects is working fine but C4D isn't, their support experts will have a better clue on how to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Maxon support guys are being really helpful. It definitely seems to be on their end. The rest of after effects is running fine. But even the stand alone Cinema 4d won't run. They are comparing Windows update versions and what services may be conflicting with it right now. But I'm getting worried. I only have 3 days left on the trial and the 3d models is the thing I need the most so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried another laptop with a 965m card and it failed to start Cinema 4d as well. Seems like that'd might be the problem. Any other 3d software we can use? I have Maya and it runs like a champ on these computers and Unreal Editor 4 is no problem. Cinema 4d is the first program that wont run. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, they said it should be working with a 965m and they are running out of ideas. Does After Effects work with anything other than Cinema 4D? Maxon is at a loss. Everything seems good but it just won't start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this will help but can you check the Windows error log and see if we can find a clue? Launch Event Viewer and go to Windows Logs > Application. If Cinema 4D has generated any logs, read the details or paste the screenshot here.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the trials have expired but I managed to find one error reporting service

General Tab:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: PCA2
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: c4dpy.exe
P2: 21.1.1.5
P3: c4dpy
P4: c4dpy
P5: MAXON Computer GmbH
P6: 100
P7: 1
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Users\raymo\AppData\Local\Temp\PCW876B.tmp
\\?\C:\Users\raymo\AppData\Local\Temp\ACG878C.tmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8848.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8859.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8875.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER88B5.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_c4dpy.exe_f697576d52655e8632084c3fa6929f665fdc597_00000000_6d7ede08-cff6-4544-b541-5fcf3df6f3d7

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 6d7ede08-cff6-4544-b541-5fcf3df6f3d7
Report Status: 2147491840
Hashed bucket:
Cab Guid: 0

Detail Tab (the squares are from the copy/paste, not part of the error):

+System

-Provider
   [ Name]Windows Error Reporting

-EventID1001
   [ Qualifiers]0

Level4

Task0

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated
   [ SystemTime]2020-02-04T00:00:57.353747500Z

EventRecordID5215

ChannelApplication

ComputerDESKTOP-PMCGDPQ

Security
-EventData

PCA2
   Not available
   c4dpy.exe
   c4dpy
   c4dpy
   MAXON Computer GmbH

\\?\C:\Users\raymo\AppData\Local\Temp\PCW876B.tmp \\?\C:\Users\raymo\AppData\Local\Temp\ACG878C.tmp \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8848.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8859.tmp.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8875.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER88B5.tmp.txt
   \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_c4dpy.exe_f697576d52655e8632084c3fa6929f665fdc597_00000000_6d7ede08-cff6-4544-b541-5fcf3df6f3d7

6d7ede08-cff6-4544-b541-5fcf3df6f3d7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines