• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

circle text using after effects

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to make type in a circle shape. I am hoping to animate the text so that it moves in a circle. I am using after effects to make this kind of gif. I was able to make the text on photoshop but was thinking it would take too long to make each of the layers move in a circle. I would be interested to learn how I could make this happen in photoshop as well 🙂 

When I type in the circle mask as a path for the text it looks wrong. The path is seeming to follow the middle of the word rather than each specific letter. Is there a way to fix this?? Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 10.42.10 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

1. Type tool. Click - don't drag out a box. Type your text. Make sure the text paragraph is aligned left.

2. With the type layer selected, add a circle mask.

3. Twirl open the text layer to find 'Path Options'. Open that and select 'Path 1' from the path menu.

4. Adjust the parameters that are now visible in the path section.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by educating yourself and reading the online help files. then it will be easy enough to drill into the advanced text layer options to adjust the character anchor point and use text animators to create whatever effects you want. No point in flying blind. AE is not an intuitive program that you can understand or master by just clicking around in the interface.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

I have worked with other adobe progams before and have been trying to teach myself these skills through online videos and help. I had tried to read though help files and looked on other forums before I had posted here. I don't think that being condesending to someone will help them learn, it certanly didn't work for me. Not sure if this was your intention and i'm sorry if I misread the situation but I am just trying to learn how to use different adobe programs. Have a great rest of your day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Type tool. Click - don't drag out a box. Type your text. Make sure the text paragraph is aligned left.

2. With the type layer selected, add a circle mask.

3. Twirl open the text layer to find 'Path Options'. Open that and select 'Path 1' from the path menu.

4. Adjust the parameters that are now visible in the path section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mike_Abbot – your note about not dragging the box out has been so useful! Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines