• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clearing circular path data? - It's the same every time...

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!

I have a series of circles in a design that have smaller circles that orbit around their respective parent circular paths.

To get the smaller circles to orbit around the larger path I have copied the larger circle’s path data and pasted it to the position of the smaller circles. With some manipulation of the keyframes, it works nicely!

Now when I copy another circle’s path data and then paste it to another dot, the first, larger path is the path that the circle is assigned to. – Not the new smaller circle path, I just copied.

I restarted the program a few times. I purged my memory, not my disk cache, and am still experiencing the same issue.

Is there a way to clear clipboard path data? Any other suggestions or ideas?

Thank you kindly in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you merely have scaled the paths, then technically nothing is wrong - the absolute size hasn't changed at all, only the relative one. Only actually transforming the mask or for that matter the parametric definition of a shape layer path will affect the path data. Other than that, assuming you are already following correct procedures, this could yet again be an issue with external apps messing up clipboard interaction, but without any more specific info nobody can tel lyou anything. Still, I'm pretty sure you are merely misunderstanding that first thing.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mylenium, 

You're correct, thanks for your reply. 

The relative sizing is what was changed and not the absolute value. Totally overlooked this. 

Appreciate you and the community. 

Best. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines