• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collect files without automatic (Footage) folder?

Engaged ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default behavior is for File > Dependencies > Collect Files to automatically put all the assets into an folder named (Footage), but I would like to just keep the organization and folder structure I've already set up in my project, without the extra enclosing folder.  A workaroun is to drag all the assets out of the folder I've already set up in my project, collect files, then put my assets back in the folder and save the file, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do it that way.  Even then, I'm stuck with the folder name (Footage).  Is there an option to disable to creation of this extra folder?  I thought there was an option, but I don't see the setting anywhere. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

There is no preference that would do what you are asking. I'm not sure that you could even write a script to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this question some months ago and I'm just checking back to see if anyone knows yet. Anyone know if there's a way to collect files without it adding an extra folder, or at least let me choose folder name?  In my project, I've already creating a master folder for all my footage and assets, and the extra folder just creates an unecessary nested level.  It seems the creation of an extra folder would be an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no preference that would do what you are asking. I'm not sure that you could even write a script to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you, Rick.  Just checking to make sure I'm not missing out on a way around it.  I appreciate your help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Writing a script for this doesn't sound impossible. But I'm curious as to why you need them out of the footage folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mengopoo.  It's because I always set up my folder structure in my project with my footage and assets in a master folder already.  So what I have to do to avoid unnecessary nesting is pull all my subfolders out of my master folder before collecting files, and then after collecting, open the project and put all the subfolders back into a master folder and save. It's an extra step.  I don't like unnecessary nesting, it's just messy.  I just like a nice, clean, neat folder structure with nothing extra or unnecessary, including parenthesis in a folder name.  It seems like I'm the only one bugged by this, so I guess it's just me. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha. Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines