Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colorful Wavy Lines Effect

Explorer ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

I'm interested in doing a color wavey lines effect like the image attached. However, for this I can't afford to purchase something like Volna for the project and really need the effect options to be native. Does anybody know of any tutorial or methods natively to approach something like this? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short of building a hyper complex expression-driven setup with hundreds of layers I can't think of much and that would be time-consuming to set up and slow to work with due to how AE treats the expressions and renders stuff. If you forego some fancies and don't need animation you may be able to get away with an expanded blend imported from Illustrator, but as soon as you need the details like the turbulent strokes and additional gradations between the main steps things get complicated. Ultimately this is something where combining two or three layers/ systems of e.g. Trapcode Form and slapping on some turbulence and gradients or that Volna thing beat AE native hands down every time. I'd rather spend those 49 bucks than sitting there for three days setting things up. Work hours cost money, plug-ins are a tax write off. that's what it comes down to.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha, yeah. Last year when I was 1099 I could just go for it. This year I'm not, so it changes things. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines