• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comp window glitch in AE 2020

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im having some issue with my comp window view since I updated After effects to version 17. Since then my comp window preview glitchs like this when previewd, any idea how to fix this?Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 16.25.10.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this same issue with my preview window in After Effects 17 on Catalina 10.15.1. No changes to preview settings (mercury rendering, resolution, etc, etc) have corrected it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post your system specs? There's really no way to diagnose what's going on without knowing what hardware you're running on.
Have you tried disabling GPU rendering? (File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects)
I see the other commenter is having the same issue and this hasn't made a difference, but it's a good first step in troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience. Adobe After Effects has released a patch update which provide a fix for the duplicate preview issues. For more information, please check https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I fixed it by going to File > Project Settings, and then under Video Rendering and Effects tab change GPU Acceleration to Mercury Software Only. It wont change immedietaly! You have to then exit the program and restart After Effects. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having a glitch as well, but mine would pixellate and jolt from frame to frame, even jumping backward, and your solution fixed the issue!  You are awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines