• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility Issue of Ae Template

New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've made a template in After Effects for graphic designers like me where people can update the vector file in Illustrator which updates everything in Ae..

But I ran into a problem with compatibility, even tho' most people can open the template without any problems, there are few that have issues with changing the global colors which are controlled with main Adjustment layer.. Weird thing is that most other things are working just fine, but it seems that the expression that controls the colors is broken when the file is converted to their version of Ae.

So my question would be, what version of Ae would be the best for something like this that will be used with many different people with lots of different versions of Ae? 

My version is 23.2.0

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the code and how it's all linked together we can't really tell you anything.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the template if you want to try it out.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/da851cb348af7cf892705c3011627c2020240428131330/0174c8

But basically I've made an adjustment layer, added a color controller to it, and connected all the Fills with a 'whip'..

That should create an expression automatically and it's working for most people, but for others it's not.

I will attach the image to explain how it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess is that the machines that fail are using a different Javascript engine. You can change that in the settings. You should be using the Javascript engine. Have the users with problems check the Project Settings (Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + ). If you are using the Legacy engine, they need to turn it on to use your project files. The opposite is true. 

Another potential problem can be caused by 3rd party tools that the other users don't have on their systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Rick,

I just noticed that I use Legacy expressions and I will check with the users that reported a problem to see if they are compatible. This might fix the problem hopefully because I don't use any plugins or 3rd party tools.

Will update you on this one,

Thanks once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another factor that can impact the expression is the use of the AE language. Therefore, all devices should be set to run in English AE, or you should use a special script that can universalize the expression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This makes sense because the guy that reported the problem is using Portugeese UI..

Will check this one as well,

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines