• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complicated path hanging machine on copy and paste.

Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a shape path with several hundred anchor points and I need to paste it as an animation path into the position parameter of another layer. Normally, this is straightforward. However, this time I just get beachballing. Could it be that my path is too much for the system to cope with? I copied it across from Illustrator in an instant, so i do wonder if it's something to do with the position parameter?

My computer is a brand new MacBook Pro 16", 64GB RAM, 8GB GFX card, i9 8 cores, thunderbolt ssd for media and internal 2tb for cache. Running latest OSX and latest AE. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dominic 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

I would simplify the path in Illustrator. I don't remember the limit on the number of points that can be copied but there is one. It's pretty easy to reduce the number of points in AI and still match the path pretty accurately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would simplify the path in Illustrator. I don't remember the limit on the number of points that can be copied but there is one. It's pretty easy to reduce the number of points in AI and still match the path pretty accurately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rick. As an occasional Illustrator user I wasn't aware of that wonderful automation! It has helped considerably, though I am still left with fiendishly complicated paths, so am having to use multiple comps to make it work. Very useful knowledge, though! D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines