Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition Settings grayed out

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20200112_134307.jpg

Hi, I imported this photoshopped picture (322x406) I imported into After effects and Im trying to match it to 1920x1080 of my video because its not motion tracking accurately when I use mocha. Problem is, when I right click the click the photo, "composition settings" is grayed out. It seems I need to use the recompose feature, but after watching about 15 youtube videos I still dont quite get how to use the precompose for the picture, as it seems to create a new layer. Im quite new to this, any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

The reason that's grayed out is that you are trying to 'adjust the Composition settings' for something that is NOT a composition. You're right clicking on a Photoshop layer.

After Effects is not a program you can operate by just noodling around. It seems you don't understand the difference between source material (footage) and compositions. That's absolutely basic and fundamental. I'd therefore suggest you start here and follow a few introductory video tutorials:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/after-effects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are In the import window fircthexinage please make sure that you have switched from footage to composition. Also a second window may appear when importing the image and make sure it says composition and not footage also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason that's grayed out is that you are trying to 'adjust the Composition settings' for something that is NOT a composition. You're right clicking on a Photoshop layer.

After Effects is not a program you can operate by just noodling around. It seems you don't understand the difference between source material (footage) and compositions. That's absolutely basic and fundamental. I'd therefore suggest you start here and follow a few introductory video tutorials:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/after-effects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am trying to do a drop shadow and I watched the tutorial below but when I got in my PNG scequence 

and tried to use the "orientation option" its grayed out and if  you are saying " you are trying to 'adjust the Composition settings' for something that is NOT a composition." then how is this person doing it in the link below.

ist working with hip but when I tried its graying out the "orientation option". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry I forgot to send the link here it is:

After Effects Tutorial : Drop Shadow to 3D objects - Bing video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines