• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition will not start where the Current Time Indicator is.

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually when I drag my Current Time Indicator to a certain frame and press space bar to preview, the rendering would start where the Time Indicator is. Now, when I drag the Current Time Indicator and press space bar to preview, the rendering starts at the beginning of the composition and refuses to start where the Time Indicator is. I don't understand why it's not working all of a sudden. It was working just fine a couple weeks ago.. How and what can I do to fix this problem? I have Adobe After Effects CC 2017 btw.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your preview panel setting to make sure Play From is set to Current Time?

Also depends on what shortcut you use to start playback.  If your shortcut is set to Spacebar then Spacebar will start from the CTI and NumPad 0 will start from from your range indicator.

At least that's how it works for me.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, this was the solution that I applied.

I went to the Preview Panel (it is in the right side of the screen) and I looked for PLAY FROM, then I selected Current Time and it works again ::)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanx bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What i did is that i opened the Preview panel (aka what’s on the right of your screen) where the arrows are to go from frame to frame, play button, beginning to end, press the one that goes to the next frame, and press the play button (center) then it should play from the Time Indicator. Then it goes back to normal. I hope this helps. I also had this problem and i had just figured this out! Also have After Effects CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines