• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

constant warp stabilizer crash with CC AE

Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used warp stabilizer a lot in the past, and don't recall it ever crashing. Today, it will does nothing but crash. I have warp stabilizer with 4 different pieces of footage, and every attempt results in a crash. On two occassions, immediately after completing the analyzing process (1st step) AE went into auto-save mode, but the progress indicator never started. Activity seemed to cease for 3+ minutes, so I assumed the worst and chose to force quit. Other attempts simply crash immediately after the analysis step.

The footage I have tried to stabilize is 1920 x 1080 MTS and MOV files. I have worked with the files before, and they play back fine, showing no sign of corruption. FWIW, I tested one of the video files in CC Premiere Pro and warp stabilizer worked without crashing.

I rebooted my Mac, cleared all AE caches, rebooted AE a second time, tried to stabilize new footage, but same results.

My machine is a Mac 5,1 with 32GB RAM, OS X 10.8, CC AE 12.1.0.168

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with my Mac Pro 6 core, OSX 10.9.3, and 32 gigs of RAM. As soon as the initial analysis is complete auto save kicks in and crashes After Effects. This ignores the fact that I have turned auto save off in preferences. Just for the record I applied Warp Stabilize to a layer and turned the effects off. It continued to process as if the effect was enabled. And it crashed the program as before.

I also have a late spring 2008 Mac Pro running on OSX 10.8.5 that will process the same movie file perfectly. It doesn’t matter if auto save is on or off. Both machines are on the same version of After Effects CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like the latest update from Adobe has fixed this on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having this issue as well, fully updated. Mac Pro 6 core with OSX 10.9.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac, try turning off Spotlight. The way it was explained to me is that Spotlight constantly wants to update the files. Warp Stabilizer constantly updates the files. Stack overflow.

I find this works for me. And if I turn on Spotlight, Warp Stabilizer crashes all the time. (Not playing pre-rendered previews, but making new Warp-Stabilized clips.)

Hope this helps someone. I find it a hassle, obviously, that Spotlight is off. I turn it on from time to time to rebuild the cache so I can use it to find files. I also do Unix find commands in the Terminal, a bit of a hassle.

I'm using CS6 on a MacBook Pro laptop with 16GB RAM, 500GB internal, etc. Fine but not outstanding, always crashes on WS when Spotlight is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally, the spotlight deactivation worked (mac pro 6-core)... big thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip about Spotlight. To disable it, do you uncheck ALL categories in the control panel, or just specific ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled it completely via Terminal, did the work, enabled it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

baumm - Thanks for the reply. I'm Terminal-challenged. Can you explain the steps involved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too.

search for "how to disable spotlight", first entry. i used the "launchctl" method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it (I think). Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a different method, instead of Terminal.

System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy (the 2nd tab).

Then add your computer to the list of "Prevent Spotlight from searching these locations" by:

1) Click the plus sign at the bottom left of the list. The list is probably empty.

2) At the pop-up window, "drill" up to your computer's main disk. For me, that's [my home directory] ^ Users ^ [Laptop_1]. There's a "higher" [Laptop_1], but I don't choose that one.

So Spotlight is on, but it's not checking my computer's hard disk. I suppose you could tell Spotlight to skip your external hard drives (where my footage and project files are) but just adding my computer's main drive is sufficient to keep WS from crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... Come on Adobe - the problem is too consistent among different users for it to be user/random error. This isn't my first rodeo either. Adobe - please try sending a clip from a PP timeline via Replace w/AE Comp, add WS, and as soon as the last frame is analyzed - the program automatically auto-saves and hangs. It never use to do this. Mac Pro 5,1 6-Core, 32GB ram, 10.8.5, AE 13.1.1.3, the clip was XDCam EX 1080p 29.97, 6 seconds in length.

...and Todd - turning off Auto-Save via preferences does not fix. It still attempts to auto-save on the last analyzed frame and then hang up (spinning beach ball).

Installed RAM: 32.00 GB    Current RAM Usage: 3.09 GB    Allowed RAM Usage: 24.00 GB

Process ID    Application Name    Min Needed Memory    Max Usable Memory    Max Allowed Memory    Current Memory    Current Priority  

533    Premiere Pro    0.50    32.00    5.12    1.91    3 - Low  

548    aerendercore    0.00    32.00    4.62    0.91    3 - Low  

551    After Effects    0.40    32.00    14.26    0.27    1 - High  

Thanks,

Lonnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have to eat some words - but perhaps we have a smoking gun... this was an old edit that I had to make changes to and the timeline is long. And I "thought" all the clips were original Xdcam EX - but after enlarging the timeline - the clip that wouldn't WS in AE was an h264 mov file - rendered out from Media Encoder, and reimported into the project. I'd like to think AE's warp stabilizer is codec agnostic - but perhaps this is not the case. I found the original Xdcam EX mp4 file, "replaced with AE Comp" from a PP timeline, and the WS worked as it should have....

Thoughts...

Thanks,

Lonnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is still not fixed?

The only thing everyone seems to have in common is that we are on the late 2013 6 core mac pro.  Doesn't matter how much RAM you have.  Although seems like someone in here is able to do a 20 sec clip which I would kill for.  I have 16gb ram and I can only do 1 second.  I'm trying to do a 400 frame shot.

I've closed out of all other apps and it still doesn't work.  Funny thing is that I did this a month ago to a bunch of shots that were all roughly the same length and file format (r3d) and it worked. 

Also btw Adobe... turning off autosave doesn't fix this. 

This needs to be fixed right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I fixed this issue. My issues were happening when attempting to open prior CC or CS6 projects. So here's my suggestion that worked for me:

1. Do not open old projects.

2. Create a brand new empty project with the latest CC version.

3. Now import old project into this one (entire project or sequence does not matter - both worked for me).

4. Relink media if necessary.

5. Whalla - everything worked as per the usual from there on out...

Lonnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are releasing an update in a couple of weeks that should address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks todd, thats great news... i was just about to post some more screenshots and updates on the continuing loop.

really looking forward to this working again on main machine.

can we get any insight into what is causing the problem. i have almost identical machines here with one working and one failing and i have tried fresh system installs and various drive swaps to try and fix it locally... i love a good tech puzzle and even better finding out the answer.

best best

s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have to make some hyperlapse and i can't still work with after effects, please fix this bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found the recent updates fixed this issue... are you on the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where i can found the update?

i don't have the wireless card on my editing workstation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ovideomovies wrote:

where i can found the update?

i don't have the wireless card on my editing workstation

updates for Adobe Media Encoder, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Prelude, Audition, and SpeedGrade | Pr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update fixed the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ovideomovies wrote:

update fixed the problem

Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines