Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Aware Fill creates a rough overlay

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a footage with some spots on it (as you can clearly see around the red circle). There was a spot in the place of red circle as well. I needed to remove all the spots. I just tried one at a time. This is how I did it. 

• Created a mask around the spot.
  • Right click the mask and selected "track mask"
  • In the tracker panel, selected "track selected masks forward"
  • Then content-aware fill (you can see the settings in the attached screenshot).

The screenshot attached here displays the ending result (inside the marked red circle). It looks like a badly copy-pasted layer on top of the original frame. Can you guys please help me with this. I just need to get a smooth fill instead of these spots. Thanks bunch.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why wouldn't you just replace the entire background as a whole? Seems simple enough and since the colors are subtle, it doesn't even need to be super exact and just be blended in with rough feathered masks. the only real challenge is reasonably matching the gradient.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, you could try masking out the spots so they become "holes" in the footage, feather the masks slightly, then add another layer of the footage underneath and reposition it a few pixels so that the spots disappear. Depending on the movement in the shot you may have to keyframe the position of the lower layer but only if neccessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines