Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

content aware fill not working - waiting

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi team,

I have no idea why content aware fill not working for me, I have tried all possible way to work it , I have followed many videos in case if I am following wrong method , but still it's not working for me. it just showing WAITING without processing further.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PrabirK,

Sorry for the frustration.

• Can you include a screenshot of your Content Aware Fill panel?
  • What is the comp size?
  • Tell us more about your hardware, as well.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

please find the below details,my After Effects working fine apart from Content Aware Fill issue ,I did uninstall and reinstall the software, but still this function is not working.

***screenshot of your Content Aware Fill panel

**comp size

**hardware

2gb nvidia geforce mx150 graphics

and  SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo Kevin my guy where you at you kinda dipped I need to figure out how to fix this too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea why this is happening? I'm having the same issue as OP, and it seems like a few others have run into the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem too. Nothing resolve this, I tried to reinstall, but still same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having problems look at the good tutorials Adobe has posted on the tool. Do not be fooled by amateur advice. The workflow is fairly straight forward but if you choose the wrong options or do not prepare properly you are going to have problems. I have been using CAF since it came out without problems but I had to learn the workflow and figure out the right workflow for each type of shot I was working on. Not all shots require the same technique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, most of us are just testing the feature with simple material... It shouldn't be a problem. Adobe needs to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey PrabirK,

I thought I had a similar issue until I noticed that the shot was still being analyzed. Progress percentage should display in the bottom of the Content-Aware Fill window once you hit Generate Fill Layer. After analyzing, the tool began to render individual frames at a time (you'll also see progress status in the tool window). The process took a while for me but it was a relief to see that the tool was in fact doing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This right here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the solution. Goto to Edit -> Preference->mredia & dis ache ..just clear it . it'll be work fine.:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 - exactly the same for me, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not working 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have blur problem .. then i use content aware fill it replace like blur ?? PLS FIX IT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just happened to me , make sure the fill method is at "object" not "edge Blur"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try... REMOVING ALL PRIOR EFFECTS on that section of your clip until after you've done the generate fill layer...

It worked for me after I removed the "REMOVE GRAIN" effect.   I'm guessing it couldn't handle doing the generate fill layer after that effect.  So maybe do the fill layer prior to the other effects added.  If it still doesn't work and is stuck on the "WAITING..." notice then your computer doesn't have enough power to perform the generate fill layer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure that your operating system and video card drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the problem was in the UI - 'Waiting' is just the wrong terminlogy, since Ae was actually working on creating the Fill layer. After 'watining' a while the result appeared.

I should read 'Processing...'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines