• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content on composition but no way to edit it.

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Adobe After Effect, watched a couple of youtube videos to get familair with the interface. Now I am trying to edit a template I got from envato. You can find it here https://elements.envato.com/quick-app-promo-VR5AKCL

There are certain contents in the template I am not sure where they are coming from and hence how to edit. For example:

Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 20.56.31.png

As you can see I have unclicked the eye icon on all layer, and yet the AWESOME is visible, and there is no layer I can see in the timeline or anything in the asset that holds the text AWESOME. 

What could be going on here?

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get it, I deleted almost everything and that part of the template is still showing up!

Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 21.37.39.png

What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I literally deleted everything except the "Render App Promo IPhone", on the left. I even deleted all the layers...but apart from the AWESOME text that shows up, there is a whole animation that is still there (despite all the deletion 😬)

Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 21.42.44.png

Why is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use this toggle to show/hide hidden layers in the compositions layers stack.

If you look at the layer indexes, you'll see that there are gaps between the numbers (26, 27, 33, ...), meaning those layers are hidden.

From the follow up screenshots, I can see that you crashed the expressions.

Open the template as new from source, press the toggle and don't delete the layers, but just make them invisible.

Inkedoriginal_LI.jpg

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines