• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting audio to keyframes issue

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated AE an I had many issues with the new update.  I went to convert an audio track to keyframes and it just analyzes the audio file forever.  It will not convert.  Is anyone else having this isse and if so, have you been able to resolve it and how?

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific info about your system, the audio file, project settings and so on nobody can tell you much. You need to provide better info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe they should actually have a customer support line so I don't have to deal with people like you that aren't helpful at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what exactly about my system do you want to know?  What about my audio file do you want to know?  What about my settings do you want to know?  Maybe you need to ask better questions.  All I know is that I've never had problems with AE until this most recent update so I don't think the problem is my initial question and/or system, it's the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a support line to help you in all countries. Answering the way yo do it to Myleniun is contrary to the terms of use of this forum where YOU came to look for help. People in this forum try to help you but we are not part of the Adobe team so at least it would be great you to ask and answering in a kind manner.

What Mylenium asks you is something that Adobe support will ask you to try to solve your problem. Info about your audio file format, your workflow, ect is very very important for us for trying to reproduce your problem in our systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I knew what kind of info to provide I would have.  I then asked what specific info was needed.  

[remarks removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the risk of poking the bear here, but let's see if we can still help.

From your original post, there are a number of factors that might help explain the issue you were having.  I haven't heard of other having this particular issue (of audio to keyframes taking forever) so we need to rule out some of those factors:

• If the audio file is a weird compression type or has unusual settings that might explain it, but if you've used the same file type before your update, that would rule this out.
  • If your computer is under-powered for the latest versions of AE, then that might be the cause.
  • If your audio files is 2 hours long, we'd expect AE to have issues converting the audio.
  • Are you running any effects on the audio file?  
  • Is the audio file in a precomp?

Ideally, if you can let us know your computer's system info, post a screenshot of your entire AE window we can move forward.  Also you first posted in November '21, I take it that means you have continued to have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well hallelujah!  Someone who is actually trying to be helpful and it only took 6 months.  I gave your comment a like.  In response to your last sentence, no, I have not continued to have the issue which is why I haven't been back on this thread since November of '21.  After many failed attempts to convert audio to keyframes and restarting the program close to 50 times, I restarted my computer and tried again.  Wouldn't you know it, my computer had been running for months and needed a short break; everything worked like magic after that.  I haven't needed to ask questions or visit this site since which is why my last response was so delayed. 
I decided to try exactly what I had tried many months ago, restart the system and hope that would work.  You're not going to believe this, but it did work, again like magic. 
 Though, it is comforting to know there are people like you that are actually helpful, and it gives me hope in returning in the future to find helpful information.  Thank you for caring, you're a gem in my book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You never answered me about the questions I asked you about your audio file format, etc. So YOU and only YOU waited 6 months to reply, not me. And not an answer but an attack about my professionality. Almost 300 answered questions is more than enough to think that not only me but a lot of other people on this forum is really helping other users to solve their problems.

As I told you in my previous answer, there are some rules to participate in the community. Five basic rules and you break 2 of them.

I will inform to the moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think saying it was an attack isn't exactly fair; constructive criticsm seems more appropriate.  Furthermore, you didn't ask me anything, you simply tried to lecture me on how I should be helpful to someone else instead of them being helpful to me.  I asked a very simple question in a calm and polite manner.   Telling someone they need to provide better information when they are unsure of what info they need to provide isn't helpful and comes off rude.  Had he asked actual questions and tried to be somewhat engaging, he wouldn't have gotten a snarky reply back. 
As I said to ShiveringCactus, I didn't reply to your comment because I only recently noticed it while browsing for solutions to the lastest update; I haven't had a need to look through this forum since November of '21.   If I had known Adobe had a support line (which I've never been able to find) I would call them as opposed to posting in these forums.  If you'd like a good example of how you should engage with people in a professional manner, you can refer to ShiveringCactus's comment.  He got specific.  He asked real questions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines