• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Paste Keyframes

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,AE problem here, for some reason I've been trying to copy and paste keyframes and is not doing it, what it does is duplicate the layers of the keyframes that I have selected, and is weird cause I use to do it all the time and that never happened before, hope someone can help me with this problem, thank you in advance guys !!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to know. You have not provided any system information, no version information, no details about which properties you are trying to manipulate. On a hunch one could assume that you are messing wuth the new Master Properties, where this is a known limitation, but who's to say? You need to be much more precise and offer up better information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

He doesn't need to provide system information at all.  There's absolutely no way you haven't encountered what he's talking about if you regularly use AE on any system on mac and PC over the last ten years 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is better for you to be as descriptive as possible.

If I had to guess I would guess you are trying to copy and paste keyframes across more than one layer.   You cannot do this without a script.  You can only CTRL+C keyframes from a single layer.  Once copied you can paste them to as many layers as you want (at least with basic transform properties) but the original selection can only be from a single layer.  If you select key frames from mulitple layers at once and copy paste After Effects will duplicate the layers, as you've discovered.

As for your claim that you "do it all the time" and it's always worked?  I dare say you are mistaken and that you're doing something different then you've always done.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines