• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy paste texts problem in After effect

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after the new update AE does not copy texts from external sources. This is really frustrating, I tried 2 computers and there is the same problem. 

TOPICS
Import and export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Hi all,

After Effects 18.4.1 has been released to fix this bug.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info and critical details like from which program you are trying to paste text, what language, what font, what formatting and so on nobody really can unriddle this for you. If it really was so widespread the forum would be full of complaints, but apparently it isn't, so there must be something specific to your situation.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I tried copying texts in Ai or PS and everything worked fine, so the problem is with Ae. When I try to copy texts from the Assana app or from Word or from another text document, I can paste them in Ai, Ps or in web browsers, but when I try to paste them in AE it does not register. I pasted with ctrl+v, but even when I paste with these steps EDIT PASTE in this section, I can not click PASTE because it did not register that I want to paste something. If I copy some text into AE, I can perform the PASTE action, but it just does not work for other sources. I have a plugin in Animation Composer 3 for AE, there are presets for texts, I can paste texts in this plugin but in the normal T (horizontal writing tool) I cannot paste. I tried resetting my keyboard shortcuts, bet nothing changed. I tried to open different AE projects, but there is the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi here the same problem with a simple text from WordPad font Arial....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. After updating, AE can't paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I can't paste any text into the composition.

After the last update version 18.4.0
MacOS BigSur 11.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for writing in.

We're investigating this issue. Would you mind sharing your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS) and a screen recording of the issue?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very complicated to work with this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

截屏2021-07-27 下午3.33.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SportalBG_0-1627472774678.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't seem to copy and paste any text in After effects rom any application. website, text editor, anything. Quite frustrating, also recently updated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, have the same problem after the last update. Adobe please find a solution.

A little workaround (it's not a solution but an option): paste the text into a Photoshop file, import the file into AfterEffects file and convert the layer to a text layer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE 18.4.0 build 41 here!

Windows 10, AMD Rizen 9 3900, GTX 1080, 64 gigs of RAM.

The only way it works for me is close AE, copy the text from the source and only then re-opens AE and paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a confirmed bug. AE Beta does not have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta version DOES have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem, no matter where the text comes from, after effects does not paste the information.

But I found something that can be helpful, in the timeline unfold the arrow of the layer and then the text one and in the Source text field you can paste the text you just have to make sure that it is between quotes "text line"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's strange, but is working! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here man. I reinstalled and then worked, but then it stopped after I launched a new project.

Really really frustrating, please this is a major issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non of the suggestions work for me - when wil this be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This is a known bug and the After Effects team is working on a fix. Meanwhile, please try the workaround given in this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-beta/can-t-copy-paste-text-from-other-apps-into-after-e...

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue. Even though small, this a pretty big issue escpeially when tyring to incoporate text changes from a client in mulitple langauges.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's tied to how you open AE and your project. The workaround link from Rameez_Khan works. 

PC user here. I opened a project and was unable to copy/paste from a text doc. I exited AE (shut down the app). Then used the Windows Start pull-up menu to open AE (clicking on the AE icon). Next, use File/Open Project to select your project file. Opening an AE comp in that manner should enable copy/paste from external apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines