• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy with Relative property links

Guide ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a trial with "Copy with Relative property links" command. But it did not work.

In Com1 there are four layers. I Copy with Relative property links command of the POLYGON layer's Rotation property  & past it to other layers it worked. Then, I duplicated Com1 which is Com2 & try the same. But other layers are not responding Rotational feature of the POLOYGON with duplicated Com2. What is the reason for that? video is attached.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

I think you have found a bug that is easy to fix. 

Press r to reveal the rotation properties of all the layers linked to the top layer's rotation. The rotation properties should be red. Click and drag on the rotation values to try and change them. The layers will not respond. Now return to the top controller layer and change the rotation property. The layers you processed should now work.

The bug seems to be limited to rotation. The expression is still changing values, but the preview will n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have found a bug that is easy to fix. 

Press r to reveal the rotation properties of all the layers linked to the top layer's rotation. The rotation properties should be red. Click and drag on the rotation values to try and change them. The layers will not respond. Now return to the top controller layer and change the rotation property. The layers you processed should now work.

The bug seems to be limited to rotation. The expression is still changing values, but the preview will not update until you try and change the rotation value of the slave layer.

If you save the project, close it, then open it again, the preview problem goes away. 

The bug also exists in the latest AE Beta build. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also discovered if you rename the duplicate comp so that it has the same name as the original, the preview error goes away. If you rename the original comp, you will get an expression error that tells you that the original comp cannot be found. That is really odd because there is nothing in the expression created when you Copy with Relative Links that says anything about the comp name. 

The bug gets stranger and stranger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines