• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a dust effect.

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I was wondering if any one could help me.

I have been playing around with CC Particle world trying to create a dust effect, so I can add more detail to my animated Horse. But I can't get the look I'm after.

I'd like to be able to create the kind of effect in the short video linked below.

horse fx examples - YouTube

If anyone has any pointers or knows any tutorials let me know and that would be awesome.

Many Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

There are a few tips on here that will help you. This tutorial covers smoke, fire and rough dust. I think the smoke one would be closest to the example you showed

Digital Arts Online Tutorials - Angie Taylor - Motion graphic design | Angie Taylor – Motion graphic design

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best tip I could offer would be to play with the "Particle Type" setting and use the Textured shapes at the bottom. then you can find stills of dust/clouds/paint chips/etc. that look kinda like what you're after as particles themselves. If you're feeling really crazy you could make a precomp with lots of different layered fractal noise effects to try and get the cloudy look you're after and use THAT as your particle texture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll give it a try then thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few tips on here that will help you. This tutorial covers smoke, fire and rough dust. I think the smoke one would be closest to the example you showed

Digital Arts Online Tutorials - Angie Taylor - Motion graphic design | Angie Taylor – Motion graphic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines