• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating and Selecting a line in After Effects CC?

Feb 22, 2014 Feb 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, So I suppose this is a two part question...

But there is a little thing in After Effects CC that is annopying me alot, and it could just be me, and the way I've been doing things...

1) The way I have creating a simple Line in After effects, is by using the pen tool, placing two points, and then just using a stroke on the Shape Layer, and no fill. Is this the most efficient way to creating a line in After Effects? It's what i have always done, and it's not until CC that it has been a pain.

2) The reason why it's inconveniencing me is when i try to select that Shape Layer in the Comp Viewer! For some reason, in CS6, when i wanted to select that line, i could just click on it, and it selects the layer, Now, when i click on the line i just made, nothing happens, no where in the line that i can click or highlight will it select the layer of that line, Instead, I have to click the very center of the composition for some reason. there is small unseen point there that i either have to click exactly, or click and drag in that area, in order to select the layer, which gets annoying if there are many line at any given moment. This point is also where the anchor point for the layer is placed.... Is there any way to change this? To be able to change some setting so that when i click on the line itself, it selects it, and to have the Anchor point be placed in the center of the two point i make?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Yeah, 2D in 3ds Max. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this issue is still not solved (and I am writing this in 2019, January).

It's what brought me here today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a bug isn’t fixed in six months it’s a feature. Meaning it won’t be, fixed that is. 

It’s on a list, maybe, but things keep getting added in front of it. In a perfect world we’d be looking at and voting on the priorities of that list. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. it is terrible UX with AE on this. cant choose a simple line endpoint to move. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines