Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 SDK install- win32version.rc missing in CS4 AE SDK zip file

New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Copied down the CS4 AE SDK to Windows, and everything looks fine except CCU project is missing a "win32version.rc" file. Linker errors are telling me its missing About(), DoClickRect(), and DoClick() functions.

Figured maybe I'd install CS3 and get the file, but file is not in CS3.

Does CS4 AE SDK have an install instead of just a zip file?

Did I miss a download?

Thanks in advance,

Dana

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first off, the .rc file doesn't contain code.

it's just the compiled .r file, and on the first compile of any plug-in the linker will tell it's missing and will automatically generate a new one. (unless something has gone really wrong)

i took a look at the CCU project in the CS4 SDK and found the missing functions.

About() is found in the CCU.cpp file,

and  DoClickRect() and DoClick() are in the CCU_UI.cpp,

so the project should compile with no error.

do other project compile correctly?

because i can't see a reason why you'd have these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharchar,

See next reply...

Dana Reed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharchar,

The other projects do compile correctly - it's very strange.

Thank you for the reply, I'm surprised I didn't notice these functions myself.

The win32version.rc missing (or win32version.r or anything with win32version.* is missing) error threw me...

Maybe it's because I ported the project directly into VS 2008 instead of VS 2005.

Just not sure why there's a problem. It's not like the global static About() is external or something - LNK2019: unresolved external symbol. I thought maybe it's because the About() function was mangled and the call wasn't finding it. Intellisense sees it, the compiler compiles okay, it's just the linker.

Maybe there's a setting somewhere I have to look for?

When I compile using VS 2010 it does compile without error. Maybe it's something wrong with my VS 2008?

Thank you very much for your help!

Dana Reed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A QuickTime LIB file wasn't linked into the project - not sure why it made a difference ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh that quicktime lib....

if i'm not mistaking it's only used for one function. telling if a point is in a rectangle.

replace that one functions with your own code and you can get rid of that quicktime library.

not that it matters now.

actually, it does matter.

on systems with no quicktime installed your plug-in will crash when the user clicks on your interface.

one of my plug-ins is also based on the CUU, and now i'm going to yank that function out just for spite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dana,

Glad you found the missing piece.  For  what it's worth, this QuickTime dependency is no longer in the CS5 SDK.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines