Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSV data file and excessive memory usage

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a spreadsheet with 13 columns and 170 rows.

I made a lower third template, which is named "example name-0" to reference the spreadsheet.

I have used quite a few expressions in the comp which use the "0" part of the comp name to identify which data row of the 170 to use.

The idea was I could easily 'ctrl D' the initial comp to create 170 unique comps with new data in each.

It works, but very quickly Ae becomes so sluggish as to be unusable and I notice the project size goes from like 50MB to about 2 GB.

Adobe replicated the issue and said something about 29,000 possible process permutations per comp, don't know and check the forums !!

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks...J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got your answer already. Yes, you are requesting a ton of cycles just to look up the correct table cell. Smarten up your expressions or simplify your data.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks.

There are a ton of expressions, not quite sure how to point to the right cell more simply though, but I will focus on that.

Thanks again.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a ton of expressions, not quite sure how to point to the right cell more simply though,

Apply a global expression to an auxiliary control to generate an index and re-arrange your data into arrays. Every otehr expression can then easily reference that global control using array[index] and fetch the value.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do.

BBC-Emoji-030 [Thumbs Up].png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines