• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl + Shift + D no longer works

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since version 17 of After Effects, this shortcut no longer works... A very annoying problem for a super useful shortcut. Is version 17 have an anniversary?
The shortcut setup is correct, if I click the 3 keyboards the After Keyboard shows me that it should work on shortcut preferences. But not works.
I updated to version 18.2.1 right now and the problem continues. 

By the way, the keyboard shortcuts panel only shows me the correct function of the keys if I don't click ctrl first then shift or D. If I click ctrl first, it doesn't recognize either the shortcut. In the timeline it doesn't matter, it doesn't work anyway as you can see in the gif attached.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

For me, an app I had installed was "stealing" the ctrl + Shift + D and Premiere wasn't getting it.  I closed the app ("Snagit"), which kind of hangs out in the backround, and Premiere functionality was restored. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a really odd error you're having.  CTRL + SHIFT + D works for me in any combination.  I'm also running 18.2.1

Have you tried assigning that function to another set of keystrokes, seeing if that works, then resetting it to the original? Has it happened with mutiple layers or is it just in this comp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shortcut works for me as well, as designed.

I wonder, what language is your app set to use? And what keyboard layout do you use? I've heard of others that have issues like this when switching the app to another language. If you switch to or from English, does it fix anything? Also, are you using a North American keyboard or another?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue now! In 2022! Anyone come across a fix?
Win 10

AE 22.5.0 (build 53)
GTX 1080TI x2
64GB RAM

All the updates and stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi The Original Dez,

Did you import any keyboard shortcut files to customize your keyboard shortcuts? Try resetting the preference to bring the application to the default state. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, an app I had installed was "stealing" the ctrl + Shift + D and Premiere wasn't getting it.  I closed the app ("Snagit"), which kind of hangs out in the backround, and Premiere functionality was restored. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have snag it but I think Camtasia uses Ctrl + D for a shortcut.  So how do I fix this?  I really want to start using the "add the default video transition" but it won't work.

Randune23_0-1668837615655.png

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, many YT content creators I follow use CTRL + K to "cut" the clip in two.  The problem is this is not setup in my keyboard shortcuts and I don't know what to call it?  It's not the Razor tool (C).  Help on this as well.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not the last thing I post on this thread (I REALLY want to speed up my editing with keyboard shortcuts).  But when I go to the old school method, clicking on the sequence drop-down menu, apply default video transition is grayed out???

Randune23_0-1668838450080.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randune23,

Does closing Camtasia fix the issue?

To apply the Default Transition by using the shortcut or menu, you need to highlight at least 2 clips.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am currently experiencing this, I am trying to use the 'split layer' function, which is the default function for this shortcut. It just began this afternoon, Jan 26, 2023. I have both Camtasia and Snagit installed but I opened and closed both multiple times and the problem is still present. I attached a screenshot to show that the program recognizes that the shortcut exists, but just wont function for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines