Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor issues

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i cant seem to get back the usual mouse cursor in after effects, it shows some kind of double headed arrow, maybe for time remapping but unsure. How could i just get back to the normal selection cursor?

IMG_6032.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the "v" key on your keyboard? That should take you back to the Selection Tool. You may have the Pan Behind tool selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried but it doesnt do anything.,.. i also restarted and reopened the project but that didnt help either..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some other ideas. Zoom in on your timeline. It looks like you are zoomed out quite a bit and what you are working on is so small that all your cursor is doing is recognizing the handles whats trimmed on your layer. If that doesn't work try switching to a new workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup that happens to me all the time; zooming in fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! this helped indeed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That comp's at least 2 minutes long!  Yow!  Zoom in on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines