• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom animation curve

Participant ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an animation curve, that jumps with the full speed and then slows down exponentially. My goal is to have abrupt change of speed at the start of animation. and then ease it at the end. This is what you can get with keyframe handles.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 23.47.47.png

I like the first 80% of it, but the last 20% isn't working for me. I'd like to extend the ease of the last 20% percent, while maintaining the same curve the first 80%. If I just move the keyframe, than my abrupt change os speed at the start is lost. Ideally the animation would last 10s, but keeping the first second the same as depicted in the graph above. So basically, I'd like to reaaaaly ease the animation end. Adding more keyframes makes strange wiggly curve. What is the workaround for my problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

It takes a while to learn how to read and use the graph editor. If you want the speed to start off quickly and have more control then you need to move the control at the first frame up to about the same position as the top of your curve. I'm hot sure what property you are editing.

speed.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can switch to the value graph instead of speed graph. that should give you the most flexibility between 2 keyframes. (right click on the graph window -> edit value graph). if that does not suit you, you can just create another keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes a while to learn how to read and use the graph editor. If you want the speed to start off quickly and have more control then you need to move the control at the first frame up to about the same position as the top of your curve. I'm hot sure what property you are editing.

speed.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoa, after all these years, I never thought of doing that. Thanks Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insert an additional keyframe to stabilize your motion, re-tweak. Not everything can be achieved with two simple keyframes even if you bend the tangents around a black hole.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines