• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cylinder question

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like it should be a simple task, but I've run into a snag.

I want to take a flat object and wrap it around and onto a cylinder.  CC Cylinder is certainly not the answer (and I'm trying to avoid Element and C4D, only because I'm not fluent).  Can someone point me  in the right direction?  If it's on Element or C4D, so be it, I'll slog through.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Thanks Kevin.

Well, it was resolved.  Not how I would have liked but resolved.  Ended up handing it over to a Maya guy who could more properly deliver the vision...and in a more speedy manner.  The Maya artist has promised a personal tutorial in C4D, which I look forward to.  It was more than the clients timeline would permit .

BUT if you have other suggestions I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put some artwork or an image or a video in the timeline, apply CC Cylinder to the layer, fiddle with the knobs. There's not much to it.

For more information on how to fiddle with the knobs type CC Cylinder in the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE and check out the help files and community resources.

If you are still having problems post a screenshot of your comp with the modified properties of the layers giving you problems revealed. Just press the U key twice and PrintScreen and paste on Windows or Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + 3 on a Mac and drag from the desktop. We need a little more of info to give you much more help than that.

If you are using Element 3D then go the the VideoCopilot site and study their training materials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, done all that.

I actually want to see the flat object bend around the cylinder.  No matter how I play with the radius/pos values it doesn't allow the object to go from flat to cylinder.  I know I've done this in the past, just cannot for the life of me remember how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Cylinder does not have that feature. It never did. Boris FX and a couple of other manufacturers have the options to transition from Flat to curved through a wrap percentage.

The only way to accomplish the flat to curved transition using CC Cylinder is to pre-compose your image, animate the position to have it move into frame, apply CC Sphere to the pre-comp. This will give the impression of a cylinder being created. You then have to carefully line up the original image with the edge and move it across the screen. There will also be some masking involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion, thanks Rick.

I'll keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Soose2010,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin.

Well, it was resolved.  Not how I would have liked but resolved.  Ended up handing it over to a Maya guy who could more properly deliver the vision...and in a more speedy manner.  The Maya artist has promised a personal tutorial in C4D, which I look forward to.  It was more than the clients timeline would permit .

BUT if you have other suggestions I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guys, I was doing same thing and achieve pretty good result using warp buldge with mask and blending in cc cylinder in right moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines