• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dense question view the timeline to the right

Engaged ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I feel really thick here because I dont have the words to even doa search.

I have been working on a composition in after effects, really enjoying it actually and I am up to the 50 second mark. That 50 second mark is right over on the right hand side and I have no idea how I can bring that over the left so I have space to work in? I tried toggling the zoom slider but that just stretches it out, with the 50 second mark on ther right hand side.

Can someone give me a hint?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike in editors like Premiere Pro, a composition has a fixed duration (which you can change at any time through the Composition Settings menu). The final frame is always limited to the right side of the screen, you can't scroll beyond it, so if you need more space to add stuff, you must change the composition duration first. Extra time is never automatically added.

Often people start out with a comp that's much longer than required, then  they use the "work area" bar to specify the section to render - and when the editing is done they right-click in that work area bar and trim the comp to fit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave I worked that out in the end!

One other question is there a way for me to extend a section I have worked on in the middle and it automaticall push everything else along after it, rather than mne having to adjust every single element?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope.  You have to select the layers you want to move (ctl-click each one) and move them as a group along the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines