Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link in after Effects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I currently have a very nested movie project.
Now I would like to embed a Premiere Pro project into a pre-made After Effects animation. I have discovered that this can work via the import function, however I would prefer a dynamic link. I was able to link the Premiere file to After Effects, but then I could not drag the Dynamic Link object in the After Effects timeline. Do you guys know a solution to this problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , How to , Import and export , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

If you got in premiere a link to Ae then this type of loop won't work. Notice the info panel in Ae, it should tell you that when you try to drag the Pr sequence to The timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can import a premiere project to after effect (drag and drop or import dialog) and it will be dynamic. Drag it to an Ae timeline and this should work. The only way I can think of it won't work is if the Ae timeline is in premiere... (creating a loop..)

if this doesn't work show a capture so we can see what's wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I have highlighted the dynamic link to the Premiere Pro project in the screenshot. I cannot drag this element in to the After Effects timeline.

Is it possible that it doesn't work because there is again a dynamic link to After Effects in the Premiere Project itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you got in premiere a link to Ae then this type of loop won't work. Notice the info panel in Ae, it should tell you that when you try to drag the Pr sequence to The timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines