• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link Not Working

Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working fine on an Ae project using Dynamic Link with Character Animator. However it's now stopped working with this message. I've reinstalled both Ae and Ch, reinstalled old versions, cleared cache etc. but still nothing.  The specs on my PC are fine too.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message basically reads "After Effects Error:  Failed to connect to Adobe Dynamic Link source in project ..."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this before. What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? What's the exact version of After Effects and Character Animator? Also, does it happen with multiple projects or a particular one?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I7-9750H, Nvidia RTX 2060, 32gb, Windows 10.  I'm unable to even open the project bc the Link box appears immediately.   Just occuring with this project.

Crewman1_0-1651738884557.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also using Ae and Ch 22.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines