• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic linking issues with data-driven animations

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Premiere Pro project and two separate After Effects projects, each of which contain a data-driven (CSV) composition to which I'm dynamically linking.

When After Effects app is closed both the data-driven compositions render in Premiere Pro as if they had no data. If I open one of the compositions in After Effects, Premiere Pro will start rendering that composition correctly while the other composition will render as if it had no data. If I switch which project is open in After Effects then it also switches which composition is rendering correctly in Premiere Pro.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Should I be able to dynamically link multiple data-driven compositions in the same Premiere project? 

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

This sounds liek the old "JSON doesn't render in AME" with the simple reason likely being that you did not add the file to the timeline and linked it from there and instead just referenced it from the project window. It's a limitation of the thing. Is that assumption correct? If so, the answer is already in there as well - link stuff from the timeline, not the project window. If you have further problems, you need to provide more specific info on how you actually have set up things.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds liek the old "JSON doesn't render in AME" with the simple reason likely being that you did not add the file to the timeline and linked it from there and instead just referenced it from the project window. It's a limitation of the thing. Is that assumption correct? If so, the answer is already in there as well - link stuff from the timeline, not the project window. If you have further problems, you need to provide more specific info on how you actually have set up things.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I fixed the issue. I was using CSV files, not JSON files. I had main comps that did not use the data files nor include them on the timeline, but then each main comp included a nested pre-comp that did use the data files and included them on the timeline. I went ahead and added the data files to both main comps as well and now both compositions render as expected in Premiere Pro. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines