• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easy Ease on mac

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get easy ease to work on After Effects?  I am using a mac.  I tried things in the system preferences and keyboard shortcuts but I am not able to do it.  Please provide clear instructions, thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey koaliekyle99,

You can do this several ways,

Right-click the keyframe, Keyframe Assistant --> Easy Ease

Up top in the menus go to Animation --> Keyframe Assistant --> Easy Ease

Or just press F9. If you have a keyboard without the numPad, press Fn+F9

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2014 Feb 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to go up top in the menus go to Animation --> Keyframe Assistant --> Easy Ease, same thing happens when right-clicking the keyframe.

Screen shot 2014-02-16 at 8.32.10 AM.png

Then I tried to press F9 and fn+F9 with these settings but nothing happened...

Screen shot 2014-02-16 at 8.36.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this ever work? If it did, what changed? What version and point number of AE?

Something is fouled up with your installation. The first thing to try is to close AE and then hold down Cmnd/Ctrl + Alt/Option + Shift and Start AE by clicking the app in the Applications folder or the Dock. You will have the option of deleting the Preferences file. Take it.

If that doesn't solve the problem check for updates.

If that does not work then uninstall AE using the Uninstall After Effects app in the Application/Adobe After Effects folder.

If that doesn't work, run the Adobe Cleaner tool (Google will take you right there) and re-install again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

Also, do you know when I'm using the rectangular tool, how I delete a rectangle? (not from the timeline, but when I am in a different frame so I can make a new rectangle)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on a keyframe, go to Keyframe Assistant, click easy ease. The keyframes must be yellow.

Select a keyframe in the timeline and press F9

If F9 does not work check your System Preferences>Keyboard and make sure you don't have F9 assigned to another shortcut.

Also check After Effects>Preferences>General and make sure Use System Shortcut keys is selected.

If none of that works tell us or show us how your system shortcuts are set up. Just using the defaults should do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, what you have to do is highlight whatever keyframes you want to easy ease. After you highlight them, right click them and select keyframe interpolation. Once you see that menu select keyframe type and choose Bezier. Bezier is the equivalent to easy ease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this was years ago but I just had the same issue.

You need to select 'USE F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys' in the keyboard section of system preferences.

Screenshot 2018-12-21 at 12.35.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot ! it just work perfectly for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! #lifesaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

life saver, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With desired keyframes selected, use F9 for a shortcut to Easy Ease. On a Mac, you may need to hold down the function key (fn) whilst clicking the F9 key.

If you want to tweak them further once you've created the ease, go to the graph editor and move the bezier handles until the ease is to your liking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines