Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element 3D diffuse not showing image

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and good day!

I am new to Element 3D and it is my 2nd day trying to use it. Though I came across a problem yesterday. I am trying to make a 3D model out of a transparent emoji PNG using Element 3D. I have auto-traced the PNG, added a black solid on top, and then added Element.

My auto-traced PNG:

Screenshot (592).png

Here is what I did in Element 3D:

Screenshot (593).png

Screenshot (594).png

Then I opened Scene Setup. Everything else was working fine until I extrude > extrusion model > bevel > texture - diffuse. Instead of showing my image / PNG in the diffuse tab, it only showed the same plain black view.

Here:

What it looks like (which looks normal):Screenshot (595).png

Diffuse:

Screenshot (596).png

Diffuse showing empty preview:

Screenshot (601).png

See, nothing has happened. Even when I chose Custom Layer 1 (PNG name). It still shows a black image under diffuse tab, and nothing has happened to my model! But what's weird is, when I clicked OK, the PNG has appeared in the model! But it didn't, when it was in the scene setup! Though, the PNG seems distorted in the model. It's because I couldn't adjust it in the diffuse tab.

Model (distorted a bit):

Screenshot (598).png

Screenshot (599).png

Screenshot (600).png

See, some goodies seem to be out of place! That's why I'm asking if the diffuse tab can be fixed, or else all pictures in my 3D models will be distorted and out of place when I make it 3D, since diffuse isn't showing me an image for me to adjust. I have already auto-traced it too. I don't have any problem with adding textures and stuff to it, though. It's really just diffuse that's having problem with me (not showing any image when it should, can't adjust any image, which results in a distorted picture in my model, diffuse tab always empty, 3D model stays the same, but has the picture now when clicked OK, but distorted a bit).

Thank you so much for reading. I hope I get an answer, at least. I will appreciate it!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , How to , Performance , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple hardware issues. Check and update your graphics driver as well as the relevant settings in the E3D interface. That and of course you need to pre-compose your masked image and reference the pre-comp layer for everything to work correctly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll check and see my graphics driver someday to check for any updates. Though I have already tried pre-composing the masked / transparent image, and it still stays the same. I'll try it again someday, though. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Actually, I have fixed it now! Instead of choosing Custom Layer 1 (PNG name), all I had to do was browse through my files, and click the same picture, and it was displayed now! Thanks a lot for the help still, Sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Добрый день, не могли бы вы прислать мне скриншот на примере как это должно быть, у меня такая же проблема, буду признателен!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines