Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element 3D Materials Washed Out In After Effects View

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone may provide a solution.

When using the E3D plugin my model textures visually appear correct and with correct difuse colour.

But when I press the OK button and it drops into AE the difuse texture is washed out & to light.

This occuring on both plain elements with for expmple a brick / wood floor texture applied and with standard E3D standard model pack.

It maybe a setting I missing?

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

What bit depth is the project? What are your color management settings? Looks like a problem there, i.e. using a specific monitor profile without instating actual CM in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing screenshots (embedded instead of attached) that show the settings in Element 3D and screenshots of the modified properties of the layer (press 'uu') of the Element layer in the AE timeline, it's pretty hard to figure out what settings are not properly setup. 

If I were to make a guess I would say the problem is in the Render Settings of the Element 3D Effects Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Screen shots below.

I hope this helps?

Leicester48_1-1673760514779.png

Leicester48_0-1673760469613.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What bit depth is the project? What are your color management settings? Looks like a problem there, i.e. using a specific monitor profile without instating actual CM in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE Color Settings below 16bit

Leicester48_0-1673770586825.png

WIN10 System Setting below

Leicester48_1-1673770690771.png

Screen shots taken on a Laptop with mobile GPU and not external Dell monitor connected.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional settings that may help.

Leicester48_0-1673771058494.pngLeicester48_1-1673771097210.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E3D render settings if it assists:

Leicester48_0-1673775217331.png

Again thanks for the follow up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It almost looks like you have Fog checked - because the further back the object is, the paler it appears.  Can you check that setting?

If you add a new solid and another instance of element, does the same thing occur?  And can you check the lighting options (to see if you have selected any of the light setups) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just ran into this problem as well. Like a white film over the Diffuse map. I fixed it by going into the Effect Controls/Element settings and going all the way to the bottom to Output/Sampling & Aliasing/Gamma is set to 2.20. I turned it down to 1.20 and it seems to correct it.  Hope that works for you or anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines