• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element 3d Texture map is black!

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to put an custom (precomposed) texture map and load it in element 3d scene setup. And I choose the custom layer 1 texture it always shows an black screen whatever I try?

See screenshots for more info!

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Please contact support of the vendor. Video Copilot in this case. The email adderss is on this page: https://www.videocopilot.net/support/category/plugins/#element-3d-v1 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info on your system, the properties of the composition and how it is used on the model this is of no use to anyone. Start by updating your graphics drivers and check the various GPU features in AE and the plug-in itself. E3D is highly dependent on hardware acceleration and conflicts in this department can easily impair its functionality.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comp settings- 1280x720 29,97fps

CPU-I5-3570K OC to 4.2ghz

RAM-16GB DDR3

GPU-GTX 1660 6GB OC

so specs shouldn't be the problem here...

Already updated everything and i still have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get it to work, im having the same issue 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for confirming your video card drivers are up to date. Element is touchy about that.

I'd recommend directing further questions on Element to Video Copilot support - you'll find more info and support there since it's their product. If you can't get an answer from the site, I'd recommend emailing them - they've always been very responsive any time I've run into issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find any fix mine was wroking all fine when i was using after effects 2019 but after I installed after effects 2021 and i just copied the plugins to the 2021 folder and then this started happening i reinstalled elements i even reinstalled after effects 2019 and installed elements on it but still the problem continued if u got any fix then can u plz plz let me know i am stuck very badly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big are your custom images.  When Andrew Kramer released his Ultimate Earth tutorial, my card couldn't handle the 6k textures.  I resized them in photoshop down to 2k and problem solved.

Edit to add:

I also remembered that Andrew pointed out in one of his tutorials that custom layers are 'live' in the sense they consume processing power.  If you can use a file image instead of one in the comp then this might help too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a same problem
My images 1920x1080, all drivers installed
And i cant understand what is wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM does your GPU have ?  Can you see mph is much AE is using for itself?  Maybe try switching AE's project settings to software only.  It is also possible Element has crashed.  You'll need to restart your computer to see if that resolves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already solved the problem, thank you. It was necessary to reinstall element 3d XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please contact support of the vendor. Video Copilot in this case. The email adderss is on this page: https://www.videocopilot.net/support/category/plugins/#element-3d-v1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines