• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enter Values for Region of Interest Tool

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one enter values for the Region of Interest Tool so that you don't crop arbitrarily?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

you can drag the crop region as you wish. if you want to see the dimensions, you could watch the info panel as you do that. to reset the tool press Alt and press on the icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it would be a handy feature, from what I know you can't enter numeric values in the ROI Tool.

You could crop in the renderqueue or in the composition settings, if that's a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can drag the crop region as you wish. if you want to see the dimensions, you could watch the info panel as you do that. to reset the tool press Alt and press on the icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also adjust it after you finish the initial drag.  In case you start at a bad spot.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice on this.

Sadly can't mark anything correctly answered because it appears there is no functionality for this currently. I find this very strange.

My intention was to crop a region for posting a video on Instagram, as it that only supports a few specific dimensions for video.

Let's hope this primitive functionality is updated soon

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joshnyt  wrote

it appears there is no functionality for this currently. I find this very strange.

My intention was to crop a region for posting a video on Instagram, as it that only supports a few specific dimensions for video.

Not strange at all,  really.  Just create (or edit) the composition at the dimensions you need and then position the footage in it.  Pretty basic stuff.  You need to learn your fundamentals.  The region of interest tool is not intended to set your final export specs.   You do that in the composition settings.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That‘s exactly what I meant.

Adjust your composition/render settings.

If you REALLY need to use the ROI Tool, you could create a composition with your desired dimensions, create a precomp with the footage you’d like to change with the ROI tool, set your area and adjust it accordingly. Quite frankly I don’t see the need for this workflow, but yeah..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually think this is the best solution. Not sure who marked the previous as correct but this is a better solution to achieve specific dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

only Op and administrators can mark a response as correct. if you want to output at the crop dimensions, then using the output module setting is the way to go, but you can't access the numeric dimensions before the fact, only after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you feel this should be a feature (I think it could be handy too) then ask for it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines