• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 0xc000007b When opening After Effects.

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. i get the error shown in the title and image when attempting to open after effects. i did a windows update yesterday and this is when my issue began. I have all my drivers updated and tried 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015 versions of visual studio to install to no avail.

SPECS: 8GB ram (looking into an upgrade)

Core I5 8th Gen

nVidia GTX 1050Ti

2TB intel Optane SSD
Taskmgr_2022-05-12_17-34-16.png

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

I decided to downgrade after effects, then upgrade it, and for some reason that worked. That was the only fix I was able to find work. Thanks for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an install/ uninstall that never finished correctly. Terminate the IPCBroker.exe in task manager and see if the app launches at all. If not, boot into safe mode and uninstall the whole Creative Cloud stuff, then reinstall it with a clean download from the web site. You can also try to play around with other potential fixes like signing in and out of the CC app or simply changing the language and running a reinstall in that new language, then switch back to the original setting. More advise also here:

Fix Adobe Creative Cloud download and install errors

Outside that the usual stuff applies as well: Check your drivers, your Windows Update status, security settings, integrity of the Windows Installer and its database and so on. Anything that may interfere with install operations, basically.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this did not wok for me. i uninstalled creative cloud and reinstalled it to no avail, reinstalled AE, nothing. in fact, now i dont even get a splash screen, just the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

Please try the solution mentioned in the following article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-fix-common-after-effects-crashes...

Let us know if any of the steps help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

running it as an admin showed this. how can i install this dll as reinstalling AE did not create this file. CRClient.dll?ShareX_2022-05-13_08-21-09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I decided to downgrade after effects, then upgrade it, and for some reason that worked. That was the only fix I was able to find work. Thanks for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines