Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 9997 Can't open OpenEXR files

Contributor ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not sure what this suppose to mean. I have collected project from my working original project. After checking collected package I got this message. 

Snímek obrazovky 2021-09-25 123841.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess two possible causes. One is the permission of the folder. You check everyone can open it. The other is the exr file is corrupted. You check the file can be opened by other applications like Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply. I noticed that AE somehow doesn't like the file NAME from C4D/Redshift. I checked fith some file name checker and it said it has to be renamed which was surprising. So I batch renamed the files and it works. Even win explorer said my files has long names but I don't think so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed the names but still have the same problem. Any advice ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had success changing the file location to be on my root drive, not an external dropbox directory. Really annoying, but it worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ToolfarmJP is correct this is a file permission issue. It looks like you are using dropbox on an external drive. I ha s spoken to Adobe at great lebgth about this and they unfortunately dont support external hardrives. I would reccomend resetting the file permissions on the drive although that didnt work for me. If you copy the files to your desktop they sjould work, if you need them on the external drive then I would copy them back on and it should the problem it. Hopefully Adobe will start supporting external drives but as of a couple of months ago they ahve no intention to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same error occurred when exporting the EXR. There is another commonality, and that is that I was also managing my project files in Dropbox.

I found that when I exported the EXR on Dropbox, the error occurred quite often.

The solution was to export to local storage that is not Dropbox, and so far no errors have occurred.

By the way, I have not seen any errors except for exporting EXR.
For example, exporting Tiffs and pngs is not a problem.
No error occurs when reading EXR files on Dropbox.

The error occurs only when exporting EXR to Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I use dropbox especially for backup for ongoing project. Good to know. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines