• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error attempting to duplicate a text object. Skipping the Text Layer ( 76 § 53 )

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

this morning i noticed one of the biggest AE bugs I ever had and still have no solution other than recreating days of work with a deadline right around the corner 😄

The Problem: I Try to open a Project that I worked on last week, but I only get the Message "Error attempting to duplicate a text object. Skipping the Text Layer ( 76 § 53 )" multiple times.

1. In the first Case it stopped loading the rest of the project as well and opened empty.
  2. Then I tried the last Auto Safe File, where I still got the Message, but it loaded more of the Project, with Essential Grafics complaining that it can´t find some layers (of course). In this Version was not only some text missing but also some Graphic elements (pictures) and Shape Layers.
  3. I could understand that maybe my workflow of just duplicating Layers of shapes or text to have a new one is unsafe?!, but i never had a problem with that in the past with even bigger Projects.
  4. The crazy part is, that I found some older Versions of the Project in my GDrive, wich worked back then (early last week) , but now they have the same problem.
  5. I even tried to open the project in a new project - same problem

I dont know what to doo.. While writing this i thought that it is maybe an update? and it could be the 18.2.1 update from last week?! (shame on me that i still have those on automatic) I will try an older version.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

If it's text realted, start by considering whether or onot you may have added a different font recently or changed a language setting on your system. From the warning it simply seems to me that for whatever reason AE is simply unable to access this stuff which may be a Unicode/ OpenType issue with a "bad" font messing up the font list. Similarly, I could imagine that specific text expressions may cause mayhem, so check that, too.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all other suggested solutions, didn't work, but this one did, thank you for sharing it 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into a similar bug recently, and disabling all active Adobe fonts worked for me. Thanks for the suggestion! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines