Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error opening File

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

Since several months I work in a AE-file. I have imported multiple AI-files to it. Yesterday (as I usally do) I was creating a new AI-file (an 'garage toolbox') and I imported it into the an other AI file, "background of the garage". This last file was already imported into my AE file. Normally when I change the AI file afterwards, it automatically changes as well in the AE-file. While changing the AI-file, the AE file was opened on the computer as well.

When I wanted to check if the changes were already in AE, I got an error. There was no code given for the error. Only the message AE couldnt read the file anymore.

I restarted AE again, and it happened again.

So I tried a different file, that one did open.

I restarted the computer, opened the error-file again, and it couldnt open.

I tried to give the file a different name. Did not work. All other AE files do work.

I have also tried to open the composition in a new composition (doenst work), and to open is through Media Encoder (and to render it). Also no succes. Media Encoder stops working while trying to render this file.

I have send the automatical error-report (my emailadres included), and I HOPE Adobe can help me with it. If not, I have lost this file which was sooooo much work!! And I have a deadline in 3 weeks it should be completed. Can anybody help me with it? I have the latest version of AE/AI installed on my computer etc.

Thank you!! (fingers crossed for me)

Petra van Es

(The Netherlands)

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Petra, could you share your AI file so we can do a quick test in our After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for helping me!
I think the problem is not in the Illustrator files, but in de AE-file... But i can send the AI.
I wanted to attach the AI files but I get a message the file is to big (can be only 47 mB). How van I make an AI file smaller?
An AE-file is difficult to send because I have imported so many layers in there...

Thank you!

Petra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are going to try with the AI file first. You can use dropbox, drive or wetransfer to share your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oke thank you Jose! To what emailadres can I send it with wetransfer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use wetransfer it is not mandatory an email. There's an option to create a doanload link. Try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jose,
oh thats great! Didn't knew that option.
This is the link: https://we.tl/t-E1gjsfqKA9

On my computer it opens perfectly.

Thank you for helping!

Petra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Petra. I've done a quick test. What i think is happening is that you are using links inside the illustrator file that reference other illustrator files. Probably this is the problem. I would try to copy and paste the objects between illustrator files to avoid dependencies between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah thank you Jose,

I will try to do that. I have done that already for so many times and it was never a problem. But maybe now it is. I will try if I can copy and paste it. Hope it works! thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines