• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export from AfterEffects

New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to export from After Effects at 300 dpi?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't. DPI doesn't matter for video and all that counts are absolute pixels. DPI is just metadata, anyway. You have to set such info in Photoshop or other image editing programs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! But then, what is the exact process by which I can export a hi-resolution image from AfterEffects for a good quality print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found it's quite hard to get AE to export stills from large comps - when I set up a Redbubble store, they wanted 300dpi - in the end I went with 4k exports from AE, which I then upscaled in Photoshop.  Unlike AE, this is Photoshop's "bread and butter" and the result was really very good. 

Depending on the image you're exporting, it might be worth treating it in layers.  In my case, I had made a comet in AE - so I exported just the comet with an alpha channel, then instead of exporting the starfield, I made a new set of 300dpi stars in Photoshop.  So the focus of the image (the comet) was upscaled, but the rest of native resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You simply design the comps as large as needed, which of course can mean you have to completely rebuild existing stuff at three or four times the size it was originally created. Even a 4k comp is not much for serious print work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines