Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting video composition as JSON file

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I am making short videos for a mobile application project. Initially, the videos were going to be used within a different platform but now they want to use these videos inside the mobile app.

Videos are usually 10 seconds long and 750x1624 px. It contains mov, psd, and png format elements. I also used 3D camera movements.

I'm trying to convert videos to JSON files via LottieFiles and Bodymovin but the translation fails because it doesn't support these files. How can I find a solution for this?

AE v22.4.0 - Bodymovin 5.8.1 - LottieFiles v1.0

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what your animation looks like, but I think you are using the wrong tool. Web animations should be mostly code. The browser turns the code into pixels.

After Effects is designed to create pixels and render movies. If you start pushing on the underlying Afeter Effects code with a bulldozer and then beat on it with a sledgehammer, some of the vector information in a comp can be turned into code using a few 3rd party tools. 

If you want to produce web animations, you should look at Adobe Animate. That is what Animate is designed to do. If you must stick with After Effects, you must convert all of your source files to plugin-compatible files. That isn't easy to do. Adobe Animate can easily embed movies in a web browser by mimicking a media player. The file size and bandwidth requirements are about the same as playing a video from YouTube. As long as you can deal with the bandwidth and file size, you should be able to do most of what you described using Animate. 

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply. I think you're right, I'm working with the wrong tool for this project.

Actually, at the beginning, I didn't know that these animations would be exported as JSON files. That's why I didn't hesitate to use lots of png images and mov elements but finally, here we are.

I'm going to share some screenshots to explain my project better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lottie doesn't support AE;s 3D Camera and all effects except Drop Shadow (I think). I'm also not certain if 3D layers are supported but a quick test should help you out. 
HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines