• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expressions running much slower in AE 2018

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having a terrible time. I've created a slot machine engine in After Effectsm using Expressions, which I use daily for concepting in my work. I've optimized it to preview (non-chached) at almost 30 fps in on my machine. But now with the exact same file in CC 2018 it runs at around 1 fps Has Adobe done something to how expressions are handled?

If you want to check it out:

1. Download after effects project

Adobe-AE-2018-Expression-Bug-Much-Slower-Preview-Render-Than-AE-2017.zip - Google Drive

2. Please test the project in both 2017 (CC 14) and then in 2018 (CC 15) and also clear the cache right before previewing. Look at the info panel an note preview performance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Joel,

I'm having the issue too on a expression heavy project I've been working on.

I've filled a bug using the Feature Request/Bug Report Form so the dev team is aware of this issue.

We sadly have no insights as if and when the issue will be adressed. I would recommand filling the bug form too, so they know we are several to have the issue, and meanwhile keep using CC2017 for expressionintensive projects, or once your expressions are done, using the Keyframe assistant to convert them to Keyfram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

I'm having the issue too on a expression heavy project I've been working on.

I've filled a bug using the Feature Request/Bug Report Form so the dev team is aware of this issue.

We sadly have no insights as if and when the issue will be adressed. I would recommand filling the bug form too, so they know we are several to have the issue, and meanwhile keep using CC2017 for expressionintensive projects, or once your expressions are done, using the Keyframe assistant to convert them to Keyframes in CC2018.

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa, thanks for replying. It's good to know others are having the same problem. Also, I've also submitted a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joel,

the latest patch released a few weeks ago fixes the issue with expressions being way slower than CC14.

Cheers,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I can verify that the performance is back to normal. Thank you guys for fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines