• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely bad performance on a Ryzen 5 2600 / GTX 1660 Ti

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am working on a video edit that I need to finish soon. The problem here is, that After Effects (latest) runs extremely slow even on Quarter preview setting, to the point where the audio is so slowed down that it's just creepy. My project involves some effects, not too much, with a few animations here and there. I tried emptying the disk cache, reinstalling AE, and all that. Nothing worked.

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

16 GB DDR4 RAM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more information.

AE's performance is heavily connected to project settings, project structure, assets, effects, disks and a lot of other things.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And if you're new to AE, you gotta understand that it doesn't work a thing like a video editing application built for editing video.  If that's what you're doing, use Premiere Pro instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines