Exit

Extremely slow exports-Help

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

Recently had a few deadlines and the exporting has been an absolute nightmare and really affecting my deadlines. I have to admit, the projects are a bit heavy (using a couple of App promo templates,  some have video clips, effects and camera movement) , but now for a 30 second project its going to take at least 50 mins to render, is this speed normal?  Last week a 2 min video also took 50 minutes to render. I have set up the Media Cache folder in another hard disk and I think I have the right specs? If anyone can help me with some tips that would be amazing, thanks in advance.

Here are the specs: AE CC 2019:

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Screenshot (18).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is absolutely normal if your composition is a complex one (3D, motion blur, maybe glows). What you can do is to check if your system is using the GPU for processing. Go to File Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects > Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA).

Anyway, even in those scenarios, After Effects does no take full advantage of GPU power for a lot of effects. With the latest versions, a lot of effects are GPU accelerated but maybe you are using some not GPU-accelerated effects in your composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jose thank you so much. I went to preferences and here is what I got: It says GPU Acceleration cold not be loaded and that I need a new driver update..could this be the problem?

Capture4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it could be. Your After Effects is rendering only on your CPU. Try to download the latest driver for your envidia graphic card, test it and tell us if you get better render times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jose, so I updated the drive and finally got the option to click on Mercury Acceleration, at first the export seems to be fast but eventually it still too 50 minutes to export 30 seconds...but I at least I have an update driver so thanks for that!

It is a heavy composition as you said, and if you think the time is normal then I guess there is nothing else I can do. Has anyone tried Render Boss and would that help at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve used Render Garden and I think it is a must for AE users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look into Render Garden.  It lets AE use multiple processor cores.  More frames done in the same amount of time.  Render an image sequence, re-import, then export... and it will be as fast as you-know-what through a goose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines