• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely slow performance

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't explain why it's all so slow; for example in a simple project (one track with one minute videoclip in full hd 60fps) I apply the keylight effect and it can't do the preview in real time (half, third, quarter resoluction it's almost the same)
If I add an audio track, it takes time only to move it back and fort over time.
Moreover, after a while everything seems slowed down, even hitting the space bar to start the playback it takes a few seconds.
It's strange beacuse I have similar problem also with other Adobe programs like Lightroom Classic CC.

I tried to do some benchmark tests and they say everything is ok.

I noticed another thing, while After Effect is working, in the task manager the GPU is almost always 0%-5% and the CPU around 80%. Why After Effect can't use more resources?

it's all updated, I tried to reinstall all adobe softwares and even a clean install of Windows with all drivers and everything.

Any suggestion please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Would you mention the name of the graphic card you have used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot to put the hardware specifications:

GPU: msi geforce gtx 1070 armor 8g oc

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700

MOBO: Asus prime h270 pro

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 C14 2x16GB

DRIVE: Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 250GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does your After Effects recognize your graphic card? Would you check GPU information and the cache setting in the preferences?

Preferences > Previews > GPU Information

Preferences > Media & Disk Cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think so, these are the screenshots:

gpu.PNG

cache.PNG

I also tried to increase the maximum disk Cache to 40GB but it's the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're not using a GPU accelerated effect. Hence, I wouldn't put much into the numbers you've provided for GPU.

On slow performance, clear cache and Memory. When the cache is full, AE slows down a lot - under such a scenario AE not only has to write to the cache but it has to delete old items in the cache.

I would also try different AEPs or Comps with different types of layers - just to see if the issue has anything to do with your Comp Settings+Layer Type+Effects.

And what video format is your source footage?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines