Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

face tracking stops after 22 seconds

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I try doing face tracking... it always stops after 22f (frames?) what could cause that ? how can I fix this ?

it's extremely slow on a high end computer treating 1min of video (1280x576)

sheers

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This stops precisely at 22 frames?  Your timeline would indicate something longer.  The cursor appears (best I can see) at like 30 seconds and the arrow about half that, so roughly 30 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the question is about why does it stop ... always at the same spot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I did understand the question, but wanted to also get clarification because it doesn't appear to be at 22 frames. That aside, as the next gentleman asks, more information, images, etc would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here you go (down bellow)

sorry for the harsh edit, this forum is really painfull to write into (I press enter, it auto submits everytime)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the tracked face going off screen, being obscured, etc.? Posting the clip (or at least a screenshot) would help us diagnose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not at all, first it goes super fast, then after a couple of frames it slows down, then even more and more like if it was struggling or something...the scene does not get more complex or anything

it's the 2001 space odysey scene ..could'nt get more static...but I get the feeling the tracking algo correllates all frames it already analysed, so the more he has treated frames in memory, the more sluggish it becomes

Untitled.png

I drew an ellipse mask around the center personnage face and launched the tracker

I checked my mem and disk space, everything looks ok and suffiscient

the tracking algorithm does not look scalable at all

I use AE CC 2015 on windows 7, my pc is a quiet recent gamer pc (16gb ram, ssd hd with >60gb free, nvidia 1080...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I figured it out

I reduced the region of interest/cropped the composition , reduced the timeline a bit, I tried the 'outline only' tracker , worked fine, then the 'detailed features' tracker which worked too

how could I find the mask outline center at each frame ? (the one created by the face tracker in 'outline only' mode)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd say you've run out of memory.  It's not 22 frames, but 22 SECONDS and 22 frames.  Face traking takes a lot of resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines