Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flipped video in Mocha

New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

There is a problem - in the Boris Mocha plugin the video is upside down.

AE 18.2.0 build 37 running inside VirtualBox.

The problem is observed on different computers.

Has anyone experienced such a disease? Can this option work correctly in VirtualBox?

shot_0050.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not surprise me that goofy things happen when running in experimental environments like Virtual Box. Developers like Boris FX and Adobe usually don't test or troubleshoot problems because the user base is so small, and there are already enough problems trying to keep up with OS updates. 

If an MP4 MPEG file flips upside down and a ProRez is normal, then the problem is in the way the machine is decoding the video. If the video was rotated or scaled, or effects have been added to the layer, all of those modifications will be ignored when the layer is opened in Mocha AE or Mocha Pro.

The only suggestion that I have that might have a chance to fix the problem is to Pre-compose the footage layer, make sure you trim to the layer length, and move all attributes to the Pre-comp but do not open it. Then try adding Mocha AE to the pre-comp. If there are decoding or transform issues with the footage, that will probably solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the answer!

I checked the version with pre-composite and ProRez codec. The video is still upside down.

Do you think it could be related to the video card? I tested on two computers and both had an AMD graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines