• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Follow an object on a video, is possible with After Effects?

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I need to insert an annotation (text/arrow/rectangle) that follow dynamically an object on a video (auto motion tracking).
E.g. A man walking with an arrow that follow him.

Is possible with After Effects?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

You have Mocha AE included with your After Effects Installation. This is another option for motion tracking and you have a lot of basic tutorials on the borisfx.com website. You don't need any additional plugin for motion tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. You answered your own question: motion tracking. Read the help and search for tutorials.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

thanks and I'll search on the help system of the software (and on youtube for a tutorial).

I'm new of After Effects (and for the video editing) but I've an urgent work request and I need to find a valid solution very quickly.

A last question, I've found this external plugin but if I have not misunderstood your answer, it's not more necessary because this feature is already included in the last versions of After Effects... is correct?

https://www.coremelt.com/products/trackx-powered-by-mocha.html

(update) I'm sorry but I hadn't seen that the plugin was only for Final Cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Mocha AE included with your After Effects Installation. This is another option for motion tracking and you have a lot of basic tutorials on the borisfx.com website. You don't need any additional plugin for motion tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jose!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines