• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage importing black

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to the latest version. Whether it be via a dynamic link or just importing the file into After effects, it shows up black. Please help! It was working fine and now it's not. Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 1.04.04 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What codec is the footage? 

Also, what kind of Mac do you have and what GPU is in it? This looks like a graphics driver issue.

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you've nailed it with the CODEC question.  This is how the picture appears (black) when the movie file uses a legacy QuickTime CODEC that's not supported by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so it's .mov from an amira - the footage works fine it's just glitching after using 'set channels' and now every comp no matter what effects are used is affected. The clips show if I turn the quality down to quarter and preview it, but it still glitches and affects everything i bring in via dynamic connection. How do I fix this quality issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.37.42 PM.pngit's doing this with the footage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and that above image has zero effects, its an entirely new AE file. i don't know how to shake the glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also to answer the question about what kind of computer I have. Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 8.21.00 PM.png

incredibly desperate for a solution as it is rendering the glitches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Talk to the person who shot the video.  Get the details on the precise type of file created when the video was shot.  It could be Arriraw, in which case someone will have to convert the video, or you'll need to get the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also please be sure that the operating system is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines