Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GLB files not working AE 24.1

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm still new at this, but whenever I bring a GLB file into AE nothing shows, even when I change the orientation can't see anything, I can see the outline of the model, but no model just a black composition. 

I'm using a 1.4 GHz quad-core Intel core i5 (old I know) update version of MacOS Sonoma and the latest version of AE 

I even tried in thr beta version same issue.

Please help, thanks in advanced

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the community, steven267933671q1w.

Since you're working on an old computer, I'll with the system requirements. You can import the 3D objects in the latest version however, your computer needs at least 4GB of VRAM to generate the preview.

Let us know if your computer meets the minimum system requirements but you don't see the 3D object.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, the RAM I have for AE is 6G, my mac has 8G of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. 8GB RAM does not meet the minimum system requirements for After Effects. Also, to be able to preview 3D objects, 4 GB of VRAM (Graphic Memory) is needed. Do you mind sharing your complete system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? Feel free to share screenshots.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GLB and GLTF not working for me. After Effects (24.1) crashes constantly been trying for like 2 hours now even with different models.

I'm working on PC: AMD Ryzen 9 12 Core 3.70ghz, 64GB DDR4 2667, RTX3090

What's the deal????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The deal is that Adobe rush out software on a ridiculous annual cycle so that nothing is ever fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines